Monday, April 5, 2010

Top 10 Backpacking holiday Destinations in Europe

Well I’ve been spending the last few hours of an excellent bank holiday weekend reminiscing about some of the many great cities I’ve visited across Europe over the past 12 months or so. I’ve managed to drill this down to my personal favourite top 10 backpacking holiday destinations that I would suggest to any young traveller making a trip to Europe - believe me, these are fantastic places to visit that you can’t afford to miss out on. My list is purely based on my own opinions and experiences, and takes into account a wide range of key factors that I felt affected my enjoyment of the locations and destinations the most - such as climate, nightlife, people, tourist attractions, value for money, scenery etc. Anyway here’s the list - please feel free to share your thoughts by posting a comment on my travel blog or by using the voting panel in the left hand side of the blog.

1. Budapest
2. Krakow
3. Prague
4. Dubrovnik
5. Rome
6. Amsterdam
7. Barcelona
8. London
9. Paris
10. Venice

Please note these are based only on my own experiences and views - please feel free to disagree with me! I also welcome any personal recommendations from your own backpacking holidays about what you believe to be your top 10 best backpacking holiday destinations in Europe - so as always feel free to post here!

2 comments:

  1. another good place to travel in Europe is Bucharest which is in Romania.
    the place is wonderful,there are lots of ancient places to see and to visit there... also its a cheap place for travelers,you can also so find a luxury and cheap apartment in bucharest and you will feel the good life for a cheap price...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a cheap and very comfortable place to stay on a visit to Amsterdam, Holland. It's actually a huge canal ship called the Vita Nova see www.hotelboat.eu for details. It was very good and in the summer months you can go on tours aboard to towns and cities around Holland.

    ReplyDelete